These are those days.
The days when you concede the fact that you probably have the flu.
The days when you know you should work on your homework- but never mind. Let’s just do something pointless instead.
The days when you want to make a lunch other than chicken soup, but your headache prevents you from doing much more than sit up and do said pointless thing.
The days when you discover that those mug cakes that you are obsessed with? Well, you can make macaroni and cheese the same way!
And even better? They taste similer to Noodles’ Wisconsin mac n’ cheese. Without the huge serving and $6 price tag. It’s enough for one person- doesn’t leave you hungry, or over-full.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- As much shredded cheddar cheese as you want
- 2-4 tablespoons whole milk
- Add water and macaroni to a large mug. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Give it a stir after the 2 minutes and cook it again for 2 minutes. Stir and test your macaroni at this point. It should be al dente. If not, cook for another minute. (Your water may boil over a little bit- stop it, and start again, if you like. It’s kind of inevitable. You could also add an ice cube.)
- Once macaroni is cooked, add in butter and cheese. Stir together. If you had a lot of water leftover, you may only need a splash or two of milk. This will all depend on how creamy you like your macaroni and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. (heavy on the pepper- it goes really well with cheddar cheese.)
- Cook for another 2 minutes on high, stir, and enjoy!
Now, since that was mind-blowingly delicious enough to scare some of that headache away, you can go make that mug-cinnamon roll you’ve been eyeing.